Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Start of David's Career

David got the job, David got the job! Yippee!

He called my mobile while I was driving to work. I thought he was going to say that he got asked to work today and couldn't come over tonight but when I called him back, he told me the great news.

I'm so excited! And so is he.

He's actually going to get career-related experience.

One little problem: he has to work at night (like 11pm-7am). Of course we both knew it and even though there's no way I would ever be able to do that, David feels confident that he can handle it. He said he'll work at night, sleep in the morning and see me in the afternoon.

I just hope he doesn't wear himself out.

Anyway, it's not forever so hopefully he'll be ok. He's young and strong.

Fingers crossed he won't have to work on New Year's Eve (which is a high possibility). If he does, I'm already thinking how I can come to his work. I have this vision of me turning up with... something sparkly in my hand and saying "Happy New Year!". Of course he'd get all excited that I was there and it'd be a night we'd always look back on.

Tonight we went to his step-sister's daughter's house to wish her youngest daughter a happy birthday. David got the perfect present. He told me that the 3 year old girl told him she liked Dora so he got her a Dora bath toy (the rubber one that floats). She even had flippers and her little companion.

Now I'm home, without him. But the good thing is that he's coming over tomorrow after work so I don't have to wait too long.

No comments: