Friday, November 24, 2006

The Aura

Some people have an aura. You know, the type of people you glance back at and wonder what their life is like.

One person with an aura is my neighbour. Not the guy I mentioned many posts ago who I had a crush on, but his younger sister (my brother's age).

As I was driving up the driveway, she was standing in front of her house, probably waiting for someone to pick her up. She was wearing some short flowery pattern dress that tied around her neck. She had a great natural tan and sun-coloured sandy brown hair. If it wasn't her natural summer look, it must've been her pose that drew me in. She was kind of rolling from one foot to the other in a child-like sort of way and craning her neck to the side, looking into the distance.

My mind wandered...

She was waiting for her boyfriend. It was probably another one of her guy friends that declared his feelings for her. She kinda liked him 'cause he was cute and a little hot, in a surfie sort of way.

They were going to a friend's party. It was going to be loud with a large crowd. She knew most of them. Everyone would come to talk to her because everyone loved her. She was the popular girl.

There'd be some girlfriend of hers with a broken heart who'd confide to her in the bathroom. Of course she'd make her feel better, probably bitch about the guy who broke her friend's heart and then gossip about someone else. They'd hug and go back to the party.

She'd dance. And get a little drunk. She'd be loud and laugh a lot. She'd make out with her boyfriend in the corner.

Next day, she'd be at her house. Her older sister and her brother with his wife would come for dinner. She'd talk with her Mum while making salad.

They'd sit outside and have a cosy family dinner.

Her life would be perfect.

Now that I can snap out of someone else's imaginary life, I will go back to my own quite happy (if not as socially busy) life.

No comments: