Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Fabian Incident #104

You know that although I really can't stand Fabian, he gives me material to write in my blog. Is that good or bad? I guess he's good for something.

This is what happened yesterday.

Just before our tutorial, I heard Fabian say my name in French, so I wasn't sure if he was talking to me. After he said it again, I turned around and he said, "Hi [my name in French]. How are you?" I gave him a what-is-wrong-with-you?! look while replying, "Fine. How are you?" in a suitable tone.

He then, wheels his chair between Sophia and me. Sophia was looking uncomfortable (as expected in close proximity of Fabian). With his usual smirk on his face, he says to me, "This is what I love about...[trails off] If I say 'hi, how are you?' to you, you give me this look [tries to imitate my what-is-wrong-with-you?! look] as if 'why is Fabian saying hi to me?!'"

I was all defensive (I don't know why), saying, "I didn't do that." Then I realised that I did do that so I said, "You didn't say my name properly".

Fabian: It's French! [as if I didn't know]
me: I know, but this isn't France.
Fabian [leans forward and points at his head]: In my head, it's France!

I rolled my eyes, while Sophia giggled nervously. I turned to my computer, thinking that he'd go away, but does Fabian ever go away?!

Fabian: I had a friend in France who was called [my name in French]
me: I know, you told me.

He looks surprised that I remember but I always remember things like that.

Fabian: Well, she's not a friend anymore. More of an acquaintance.
me: That's nice.

Fabian: so [my name in English], how was your weekend?
me: fine, how was yours?
F: it was crap actually.
me: that's too bad.

As if I was going to ask him why it was crap. I didn't need to, he explained anyway.

F: I've really been missing [our tutor]

I just had to burst out laughing, didn't I?!! I couldn't even roll my eyes (which would've been appropriate). I hate how laughter just comes out of me at all the wrong times. He must've been satisfied because after that because he left. Or maybe it was just because our tutor came.

The first thing he asked her was, "What happened to the cute tutor next door?"

God, he's... I don't know what he is.

No comments: