Friday, May 09, 2003

Who's Weird?

Amelia has been helping my group do an assignment for one of my classes. (Basically she's an actor in our film.) Today, when she wasn't there the other people in my group were talking about her and subtly saying how strange she was. This was right in front of me. I tried to change the subject because I didn't want to start an argument since we had to work together. I never got this protective of my friends before. I felt horrible that I introduced Amelia to the others and now they were making fun of her subtly. It really annoys me when some people classify others as 'weird'. I mean, what is weird? Everyone is different. I think that it's people's low self-esteem that makes them want to call others weird to make themselves feel better. Amelia is not 'weird', she is interesting and more fun than the rest of them put together.

No comments: