Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Missing Max (Or Am I?)

Have you ever wanted to do something that you know is not in your best interests?

I'm feeling like this at the moment. I want to talk to Max. Sometimes I really hope that he'd e-mail me but he never does (for which I'm very grateful because I'm not strong enough to break all the ties between us and I know I have to in order to live my life). I've read our ICQ transcripts and realised (not for the first time) that what we had was really stupid. It's not that I regret it, just wish it ended differently. I'm not sure how different, but just not this way. I sort of expected it to end like this but I just wish I wouldn't think about him every time I really want a boyfriend.

If only I met him differently and he was a different person, how much easier and happier my life would be.

When I was talking with Amelia today, at the next table was a beautiful couple who were acting all lovey-dovey and although they didn't make me completely disgusted (because I wasn't in a bitter mood), I still felt a longing.

I don't mean to get all soppy but it's almost 1am and people usually are more emotional at this time. So I'm just acting out on a human instinct.

No comments: