Saturday, May 10, 2003

SARS

I haven't talked about this issue in my blog before but I do think a lot about it, especially when I'm with other people (eg. trains, uni). I have been getting a bit paranoid about it.

You know how everyone's been told that to avoid it, you have to wash your hands often? Think about it. It's not that simple. Imagine the following scenario:

1. You have the SARS virus on your hands.
2. You go to the bathroom to wash your hands.
3. You use your hands to turn on the tap.
4. The tap has the SARS virus.
5. You wash your hands off the SARS virus.
6. You use your hands to turn off the tap (which has the SARS virus on it).
7. You have the SARS virus on your hands.

The cycle continues.

I hope everyone knows that if you wash your hands, you have to turn the tap on/off using something other than your hands.

No comments: