Thursday, August 10, 2006

Food Fakes and other Stuff

In the deepest of my horrible diet despairs, I saw some light - by the name of Orgran.

They actually make cookies without wheat, sugar or eggs, AND make them taste like cookies. A miracle. Maybe in the future they can make chocolate without cocoa, milk or sugar. I can always dream, right?

I also bought some lemon and poppyseed muffin mix. That doesn't even sound like healthy diet food! All I have to do is add water and put the mixture in the oven.

Of course the downside of these miracle food manipulations which make food out of nothing, is that not only is there no gluten, sugar etc, there's also no nutrition. This stuff doesn't give you energy or make you less hungry. All it does is satisfy cravings for the things you can't have. (Which should definitely not be underestimated, by any means.)

After work, I went to the library to distract myself and got a nice book which I will hopefully enjoy.

I also need to do some housework that I've neglected and fix (and clean) my car.

My favourite TV show is on tonight which I'm looking forward to.

What else can I say? As you can see my more regular blogging shows that I have more spare time again and don't have to stay back at work. It's great. I wish I didn't feel so tired though so I can get more stuff done. Maybe I'm just lazy.

The dance classes that I'm attending are going pretty well. Not even close to the fun I had in salsa classes, but interesting nonetheless. I don't know what it is about salsa that makes it so much fun. Could be because I love the music and even simple steps look pretty impressive. The dance I'm learning now is more difficult and requires a lot of flexibility. But, as with anything, things that seem impossible now become easy with practice.

Catching up with Amelia every week is nice too. We don't get to talk much during the class, other than make 'witty' comments but we get to catch up a bit when I drive her to her house. It's nice.

Haven't spoken with April for ages, but we still communicate through emails and our private blog.

Oh, April is online. So I will finish here.

No comments: