Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Her Tiny Life

There wasn't much to do at work so Amelia and I emailed each other.

me: I'm so bored at work that it was really nice to receive your email so I have something to do (i.e. reply to it).
Amelia: I'm bored and feeling guilty and on the internet too. it's a match made in heaven.

It sure was. Don't know why but I was feeling sleepy too. And hungry. I've been snacking on things that don't have gluten or sugar but they're not filling at all. I just eat and eat them and still feel hungry. Even though they don't seem to contain many nutrients, they are making me gain weight since I keep eating. And they don't even taste nice. What a waste.

Saw Amelie look-alike at the shopping centre again. Don't know why but I'm so fascinated with that girl. I even had the urge to go up to her and chat. I couldn't stop thinking about her. What was she like? She was chatting on her mobile when I walked by. Kept wondering who she was talking to. Started to imagine what her life was like. (Don't worry, I'm starting to creep myself out too.) She's probably just some ordinary girl working in retail. Who knows, she might even own that stand. A young businesswoman... hmm...

Don't know why but I kept imagining her coming home to her tiny but cosy flat and feeding her cat. Then she'd plop on the old couch and watch TV blankly for an hour. She'd glance at her watch and realise that it would be time to make dinner. She'd go to her tiny cramped kitchen, take something out of the freezer and heat it up in the microwave. Then she'd sit at her small round table and eat quietly. After dinner, her boyfriend would come over. I can imagine her opening the door for him. He'd be tall and scruffy looking. When he'd come in, they wouldn't talk much. They probably wouldn't have much in common. He'd touch her hair and then they would have sex on that small couch. They might fall on the floor. He'd take off her glasses. She'd find it hard to see but wouldn't care. Her life would feel like a big blur to her even with her glasses on. Then he'd leave, tell her he'll call. She'd nod. Then she would go to bed and cry softly.

Don't know why I imagine her to have a lonely life.

No comments: