Saturday, August 05, 2006

Get A Room

Last night was one of the most fun nights out I've had in a while.

David and I went to Ria's birthday party at a tucked away cafe that had salsa dancing after people finished eating. The place felt like someone's house. All chairs got stacked away and the tables moved to the walls to allow room for the dancing. The music was a little different to the usual stuff which made for a nice change.

Most dancers were amazing. I thought I was getting better but next to the people on the floor, I looked amateurish. Which I guess I am. We had fun nonetheless.

It was mainly a South American crowd which I loved. Friendliness and fun overdose. There was this one guy who I straight away thought April would go for - cute, boyish, quiet, friendly. I sent David to make friends with him. Unfortunately David returned to tell me that even though he was a great guy he had a girl and he liked girls who were into dancing. Oh well, it was worth a try.

While he was talking to this guy, I was talking to two single girls when out of nowhere some guy asked me to dance. Can't say I didn't feel flattered. It's been a very long time since that happened. I refused though.

Ria had a bit of a drama. Her boyfriend didn't come until way into the night. Her brothers were making fun of him which Ria just nervously laughed at. When he did come, they went outside and she came back looking like she was crying. Something I never imagined her to do. Then they made out like there was no tomorrow. (Even David said it was a bit too much.) Now that I'm in a relationship, other relationships really intrigue me more than ever.

David and I decided to go outside a bit for some fresh air and because it was a little hard to switch off from the 'salsa' atmosphere where 'being close' was the norm, David had his arms around me and we were being a little on the snuggly side when someone from a passing car yelled, "Get a fucking room!" I was mortified! For someone to yell something like that at me! ME! The person who used to think these things about people who showed even a hint of coupledom. How could I have turned into someone I always felt bitter about?

I blame it on the fact that I still haven't switched off the mood inside the club. I mean, when everyone in the club is hanging off their partner, it's easy to forget people outside these salsa places have a different standard of PDA.

I was so embarrassed I almost ran back in. David found it funny; he was like, "I think we should get a fucking room".

We danced some more and went back to my house. Had a really good talk. He told me his Mum said that we act like we're engaged. So it's not only my parents who get carried away. What is it with parents?

Anyway, I know something that should happen at the end of next year that I will have to keep to myself at least until halfway through next year. Every time I think about it, I can't help but smile and feel happy all over.

No comments: