Saturday, September 23, 2006

David and My Relatives

What a hectic and wonderful weekend it's turning out to be.

David came over last night and we went to the movies and then walked a bit on the beach. Seeing him made me VERY happy! I was so excited to see him that I even dressed up a bit (by that I mean I wore a skirt above my knees). He really appreciated it. He said, "You should dress like this more often so when we go out, people will think, 'Wow, she's hot!' and then they'll see you're all mine".

Girls can understand that when your boyfriend says things like that, your confidence shoots up. Even though obviously it's a bit shallow in a way that the guy sees the girl as someone to show off. In reality, who cares, it feels GREAT!

Anyway, I should stop gloating about something so insignificant to the future of humanity.

Today, we went to a BBQ for my cousin's birthday. He turned two. I had chocolate mud cake, even though I wasn't supposed to but man, it tasted sooooo good! Mmm... David played soccer with my uncles and some of their friends. I talked with all the young mothers. I used to never go to these sorts of things because they were so boring, but now that David gets invited too, I don't mind. I feel like I fit in more.

Jeanne (you might remember her as the sister-in-law of the POBian girl who came here a while ago) said to me, "You look really cheerful!" I wondered if I didn't look happy before David. (She met him for the first time today.)

Now David went to play soccer with my brother, my uncles and some other people. It feels great that he fits into that group.

Tonight we're going dancing with Claudia, Amelia (and her friends) and maybe Christine. Hopefully some of David's friends can come too. Should be fun. Hope he won't be too tired by then.

So hot today but it's a beautiful day.

No comments: