Tuesday, May 25, 2004

A Bout Of Insanity

I'm not sure what happened yesterday. I prefer to forget about the whole thing 'cause it weirds me out.

After waiting 15 minutes for my train yesterday, it was cancelled. I got my brother to drive me to a closer station that had more trains. I was already getting a weird feeling in my stomach that made me want to forget about going to uni. I told myself that if the train would come in a couple of minutes I would get on but if not, I wouldn't go to uni. Even though I was supposed to have an assessment.

The train came so I got on. I realised that I would be late by about 15 minutes. While I was on the train, the feeling of not wanting to go to uni kept getting stronger and stronger. I told myself that it's no big deal if I was going to be late. I've been late before and didn't care. But yesterday all I wanted to do was just go home.

When the train arrived at the station, I couldn't make myself go to uni. I felt almost paralysed. I couldn't will my feet to get out of the station and get to uni.

So I walked to the platform that had trains going back home. But since the trains were stuffed up, I ended up waiting for an hour and a half for a train back home.

While I was waiting, all I could think of was, "What the hell is wrong with me?!"

Then I thought that since I've been waiting for so long, maybe I should've waited until the bus guy came. I was bound to see him if I waited. But when my train came, I got on and went home.

Made up a story for my parents about being stuck on the train and there not being any point in going to uni.

Maybe it was one of those things that you hear about when people have an intuition about something bad happening. Maybe mine prevented something bad happening to me.

Yeah, right. I'm just going mentally insane. That's a more likely reason.

I just hope that it won't happen again.

No comments: