Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Compliments

Another pretty cool thing happened yesterday before the whole guy thing. For my class, we had to go to the Sports Centre to draw people playing sports. When we got there, my class-friend (a person who I talk to a lot during that class) and I decided to draw some guys playing indoor soccer.

I said to her, "They'll think we're so weird staring at them! They'll be really uncomfortable." And she said, "No, you're pretty, they'll be flattered."

That was such a sweet thing to say! I don't consider myself pretty so it's so nice to hear that someone else does. Especially a girl 'cause she wouldn't have any wrong intentions behind it. Although I would love it if a guy would say I'm pretty. But then I might not believe him.

The last time I remember someone saying that I was pretty was in year 7 when one girl said to me, "You're pretty. You're smart. And you're nice. You're like a perfect person." I still remember that. That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

I think I cling to compliments so much because I'm insecure or something. Although I only cling to the ones that I feel are genuine. When Nadine used to say I was pretty, I didn't take her seriously 'cause I thought she was just saying that.

I read somewhere that you should tell a pretty girl that she's smart and to a smart girl that she's pretty. I thought that idea was very interesting.

No comments: