Saturday, May 15, 2004

Wanderlust

I got my plane tickets!!! I can actually hold them! Just the thought of going to America fills me up with so much ecstatic joy.

Since I finished planning everything to do with the trip, I decided to look at some Europe brochures (just for fun, of course). I haven't even gone on this trip and I'm already thinking about my next one.

I don't know why but since I was little I always craved adventure. Not the physical type (like jumping out of planes) that puts your life at risk but the type where I can explore new places and all the different cultures that they bring.

I remember when I was four (I have memories since the age of two) and my grandma took me for walks around the neighbourhood, I always asked her to take me somewhere where I haven't been. So maybe this type of wanderlust is something that people are born with, rather than develop.

I think that visiting new places and experiencing different cultures is a wonderful way to see the beauty of our world. And there's so much of it, even in the most unlikely places.

Ok, I think I've been reading too many travel magazines.

No comments: