Sunday, June 13, 2004

Many Times Described In 1 1/2 Words And Health Problems

Can anyone guess how the dance class was?

I'll give you a hint: 1 1/2 words.

NON-EXISTENT.

I'm totally convinced that I might never go to dance classes.

What happened this time, you might ask?

Well, even though I didn't know this but, it all started on Friday night when I felt what I thought was just a sore muscle in my shoulder. I completely dismissed it, thinking it would soon disappear. Little did I know that the pain was going to spread to the side of my neck the following evening and also get more severe. It got so bad that I couldn't sleep last night and painkillers didn't help much. In the morning the pain also spread onto the side of my head.

But I still had hope that by the time I would have to leave to go to the dance class, my pain would disappear. After another dose of painkillers in the morning, my shoulder and neck seemed to get better, only minutes before I would have to get ready to leave. I decided to test my shoulder and neck by moving them a bit. As soon as I did, all the previous pain returned.

Looking at the clock, I had to accept that I just wouldn't be able go to the much anticipated dance class. (And I'm sort of glad that I didn't because the pain continued all through the day and I can still feel it as I type.)

My Dad said that when he was my age he got a really sore neck and it lasted for a week. Then he got a massive flu. So I can only hope that this is an onset of a cold and nothing more.

I'm really starting to get very irked about my health. Every time one problem goes away, another one comes along. First my gallbladder, then my allergy (or urticaria, whatever), then my ear, then my foot and now this!

I feel like an old woman when I'm 20! My parents tried to make me feel better by saying that lots of young adults develop health problems that go away in a few years and only come back when you're old. I really hope so 'cause I'm sick of all this physical pain restricting my life.

No comments: