Saturday, June 05, 2004

Rudeness

Everyone is getting so rude lately, I'm losing respect for people. I can accept that there will always be inconsiderate people, but when these people are my friends, it's a lot worse.

A few days ago, April got really annoyed at Christine. And for a very good reason. They planned on meeting so that Chrisine could help April with one of her uni projects. And Christine didn't show up. No, she didn't forget. She just got distracted by other things and decided not to turn up. And she didn't even see why she should've called to let April know! She didn't see what 'the big deal' was! How could anyone be so obtuse?! It really makes my blood boil.

Then today, when I went to tutor my new student, her Mum was in the driveway talking to the Mum of my other student (who was sick and cancelled). When she saw me, she told me that her daughter won't be needing any lessons until next term. I asked her why she didn't call me to let me know. And she said that she thought she'd just tell me after I'd finish with their neighbour (the one who was sick). I told her that I hadn't tutored that boy today and she was just, "Oh, sorry". Was it that hard to dial my number and let me know??? I wasted 40 minutes just to drive there and back.

Tomorrow is Claudia's birthday party. And April isn't coming. She said she has too much work to do. And she told me she hasn't started any because she can't be bothered. So basically she can't be bothered to finish her uni work today so she could go not just to some friend's party, but Claudia's! Someone she considers one of her best friends. That, in my opinion, is very selfish. And it's not like it's for the whole day. If she really had so much that she had no chance of finishing it today, then it'd be different. But not being bothered?!

She asked me (online) why I was so upset about it. There was nothing I could think of saying that would make sense to her (just like nothing April could say to Christine to make her see why just not turning up to an arranged meeting is extremely inconsiderate) so I just didn't reply. She hasn't said anything either. So I guess she's mad at me. I don't care.

Why are people so focused on themselves that they don't see how they affect people around them, especially people they think they care about?

No comments: