Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The Signs

The Signs

There's nothing like an email from April to make me laugh hysterically. The guy that she liked (which she denies, even though she always talked about him) turned out to be gay. I think once to prove that she didn't 'like' him, she was going to introduce him to me (which I was actually looking forward to).

There were signs of course but I didn't take them seriously. The first sign was April seeing him look through the uni gay club web site. I remember how she was totally convinced that it was proof. I didn't think that meant anything and laughed at April for jumping to conclusions.

The second sign started to make me suspicious. April heard a gay guy from her primary school talking to this guy about gay night clubs. I still didn't think that it really meant anything.

Then yesterday she got concrete proof. She was told that he was gay. So it's pretty official now.

It's kinda funny looking back on all the times when we devised elaborate schemes to find out whether he 'liked' April and how she could become better friends with him so I could meet him. And meanwhile I kept going on about how Jesse was probably gay because he looked so feminine (which really didn't mean a thing).

April is a bit traumatised now and suspects that every guy she meets is gay which is quite funny to me. We had many talks (since the 'first sign') about how to know whether a guy is gay (when he's not completely obvious) and we couldn't come up with anything. Does anyone know? I mean gay people seem to always know when another person is gay. How do they do that?

No comments: