Monday, June 07, 2004

My Brain's Conversation

You know when you see a person behaving in a way that really irritates you and then you realise that you used to behave just like that? It's like seeing yourself in someone else and not liking it.

I'm talking about a blogger (who's name I won't mention). She has to point out good things about herself because she probably thinks that people won't notice otherwise. And yeah, I guess I do that too. Not as much though.

Ok, now I'm being bitchy about other bloggers (who are people too).

See, I'm doing it again. I had to point out that I knew that I was being mean in an attempt to show that since I recognise it, it's not as bad.

There are so many times where my brain is in conflict with itself. It wants to not think bad things about other people, yet it can't help it.

My brain conversation with itself:

Brain: that person is so annoying
Brain: well, it's not like you're not annoying
Brain: at least I know that I can be annoying
Brain: you still shouldn't think bad things about other people
Brain: that's such a high moral ground to put yourself on. You should be allowed to think whatever you want.
Brain: but would you like other people to say how annoying you are?
Brain: no, that would be very annoying of them
Brain: that's a bit of a double standard, isn't it?
Brain: no, cos I have to put myself first
Brain: other people might find that annoying.
me: shut up! You're both annoying me!

No, I'm not becoming schizophrenic. Really.

No comments: