Monday, June 21, 2004

Testing Time

Testing Time

What I am about to tell you is me making a big deal out of nothing to make myself feel better so don't roll your eyes.

Today I had a POBian exam. I finished early as usual. I have great side vision so while I was pretending to be checking my paper, I looked to see what Daniel was doing. He was being restless (as usual). I guessed he finished early too. After another guy who finished early left, I thought that I probably should too but the thought that if I would, I would never get another chance to talk to Daniel (not that I had much of a chance anyway) kept me firmly in my seat.

Being bored, I started to day dream, as usual. I was contemplating that if I never have a proper conversation with him again it would be a bit sad cos he was the coolest guy out of all the ones I know (which isn't saying much but still). I was also thinking whether he looked better with or without his glasses (since today was the first time I've seen him without).

Anyway, while I was deep in my thoughts, Daniel got up to hand in his exam and left. Great, I thought. Now I definitely won't get to talk to him again. Before (maybe a few years ago) I would've got embarrassed at my patheticness but today I didn't care. At least I tried so can't regret anything. My new motto.

Five minutes after he left, I decided to go too since there was no more point in waiting till the end. As I was walking out of the building I heard Daniel calling me. He just appeared out of nowhere! I think I was much happier than the occasion required.

I got a thought in my head that he waited especially for me, since he's always the first out of class and never waits for anyone. Sure he probably just went to the toilet or something but I liked thinking my original thought.

After the obligatory chit-chat about the exam he asked me if I was going to be continuing this subject after the holidays. This question just increased my confidence that he wanted to know if he would speak with me again. After my last few days of being sad about not having any guys around, this was a huge mood booster (even if it was completely casual, which I refused to believe).

Being so happy about this unexpected conversation, I just went on and on about uni stuff. He just smiled and nodded. What a waste of time; I should've asked him something useful. Anyway, when we had to part, he paused for a bit too long and I swear it could've been the perfect opportunity to exchange numbers but he just said, "Well, I'll see you around" which really just meant, "I'll never see you again".

I think he forgot that we have another exam together tomorrow but I definitely won't get a chance to talk to him alone then.

I'm reminding myself that it's no big deal 'cause we'd never go out with each other anyway. Although he could've made a really good friend.

No comments: