Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Tutoring

Tutoring

I just got paid double. The mother of the girl who I tutor decided to pay me for last week's lesson that she cancelled. I didn't want to accept but she insisted. I felt weird taking it, even though I need the money.

The girl got her test back and didn't pass. That was really disappointing because I put so much effort into making sure she did well. Well, she did improve by 20% from last time so I guess it's not all bad.

I don't know why I care so much about the students that I tutor. I always put more effort than most other tutors. I guess I like kids too much. I even wanted to be a teacher until about year 11. I get such a high from knowing that I helped a kid. Especially if they're as cool as this girl.

I think her mother paid me more 'cause she realised how much I care. Last time when I said that I "really want her [daughter] to do well" she was so thankful. I didn't even realise at first why she was thanking me so much.

Or maybe she's going to fire me soon, who knows...

No comments: