Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Latin American Love

I think I'm obsessed with Latin American culture.

Yesterday at work, I couldn't stop looking through www.latina.com. It had the advantage of being in English and had gems like "He can't dance!!! Should I leave him?" and drinking coffee as part of a healthy eating plan.

I remember David telling me that if a guy can't dance in South America, it would be really hard for him to attract girls. Wow, if only guys in other cultures were like that. I mean, it's great when a guy can dance! But obviously it's not the most important thing in a partner.

There were also several topics on the men cheating. Don't know if it's just me but it seems like a predominant trait in Latin American men (not just from that site, but other media and just from David's stories, although the cheaters that David knows are not limited to males).

Another issue I noticed was that there were a lot of Latin American teenagers who got pregnant (according to the site, it's 53%!) I noticed this recurrence from David's stories. He knows of many girls there who got pregnant 'accidentally'. I don't know, is it the lack of education or just not caring?

Moving on from the negative side, I love Latin American food! Just reading the recipes on the website made me want some, now!

Of course you all know how much I love Latin American music. This was even before I met David.

I don't know why I'm so fascinated with everything Latin American. I always had an interest in some parts but after I started going out with David, I just completely fell in love with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like listening to bossa nova.