Monday, October 16, 2006

Names

David and I have a lot of things in common. Tastes in names is not one of them.

He wants to name his son: Albert/Mario/Pierre.

I mean, what the...? I'm not naming my kid after an arcade game character, a name that was popular a century ago or a gay sounding French name. Puh-lease!

In my opinion a guy needs a normal common name, not some fancy one, otherwise he'll get teased endlessly.

Girls on the other hand suit original names as it accentuates their uniqueness.

But he likes Nicole, Isabelle (ok, I guess) etc.

Fortunately we agreed on one girl's name, not my favourite but it's sweet sounding: Sofia/Sophia and it means 'wisdom'.

By the way, if you're wondering, I'm not pregnant! But knowing how long it will take us to pick something we both like, we might as well start now.

No comments: