Tuesday, September 16, 2003

From The Past 3 - Growing Up and Flying

Here's what I wrote on 8.01.03.

I was just reading my first proper diary and it's amazing how much I changed. I sounded like such a child. I was kinda funny at times. I think I used to write better than I do now. I don't mean grammatically but the style. It's weird how when I look back, I feel like my younger self is another person. I feel old. I don't want to grow older. I know my life is improving but I just miss the naiveté and innocence of childhood.

When you're young, you have so much hope for the future. So much to look forward to and when you live that future, it's not as great as you hoped it'd be and that makes you sad. Or maybe it's just me. I think I'm just lonely because I don't have RG. I need to get distracted. This reminds me of "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" where it says that flying is an Art that you just need to get a hang of. It just involves falling and missing the ground by being distracted just before you fall. Maybe I just need to get distracted from thinking about RG and I'll have him.

No comments: