Friday, April 18, 2003

Birthday Party, Unexpected Future Visit, Friends

I’ve just came back from my cousin’s (Jenna) birthday party. She turned four.

My aunt, Naomi (Jenna’s Mum), Jeanne (a close family friend), Aunt Jemma (Naomi’s Mum) and my Mum were talking in great detail about what my relatives always talk about at birthdays – pregnancy and labour. Since Jeanne is pregnant with her first child, the others felt a great need to divulge every little piece of information that concerns being in labour and straight afterwards. Apart from being completely grossed out and rethinking my wish to have children, I actually learnt some things. I’m not going to say what because if I do I’m sure you wouldn’t want to read my blog ever again.

Being around family always makes me feel the same – depressed about not having a partner. What else is new.

While I was there, I thought of Nate. I don’t know why. Probably because he’s the only guy that I have hope to go out with.

I’m going to April’s house tomorrow night. I haven’t seen her for ages. I wanted to go out with the others as well tomorrow because lots of my parents’ friends are coming over and I didn’t want to be there. Unfortunately, Amelia, Claudia and Christine are going to a concert.

I didn’t know that Talia and Judy were planning on coming with their parents. Talia’s Mum told mine that they (Talia and Judy) wanted to see me. If they did, why didn’t they tell me anything about it? I didn’t expect them to come with their parents like they did when they were little. I wouldn’t mind seeing them but it won’t be fair to April to cancel at the last moment. They won’t be coming anymore since I won’t be here.

I wish April lived close by so I could stay at her house for longer.

I should call Nadine soon ‘cause I haven’t for a while. I hope she’s not mad at me for that. I saw her ‘best friend’ Kirsten yesterday. She dislocated her shoulder so we talked a bit about that and that was it. I also saw Jacqui. I also talked to guys a lot yesterday. In case you’re wondering, Fabian wasn’t one of them, thankfully. This reminds me to tell you that Fabian was entertaining the whole class on Tuesday by openly flirting with our tutor. Maybe he realised that since he can’t flirt with the good looking one next door, our one would have to do. She was pretty good about it. He defines tackiness. I’ll give you an example:

Tutor enters the classroom.
Tutor: It’s so hot here.
Fabian: No, that’s just me.

Another example:

After explaining about relationships between different concepts, the tutor asks what the relationship was (between two different things). Fabian answers with, “I don’t know. I don’t have a girlfriend”. Of course you don’t. The only relationship that you have is with yourself, and everyone knows how loving that relationship is.

Do you know anyone like him? Tell me about him/her. People like that entertain me as long as they don’t bother me.

Anyway, Lauren said that we should meet up in the holidays. I fully agree. I just have to think of something to do or somewhere to go. It’s not like with my friends where we can just agree to meet up for no reason. With new friendships, you have to plan what to do. It’d be really good if everyone could be close friends straight away but nothing except time can cement strong friendships.

No comments: