Thursday, April 24, 2003

"TV Humour"

My new show to watch is "Felicity". I didn't really get into it the first time it was on TV but now I really like it. The style of it reminds me a bit of "Once and Again". I guess I'll have to tape it once uni starts again. I don't understand why channel 7 has to show it at 2pm in the afternoon when the show's target audience is not at home. Because channel 7 is stupid. Or I just don't get it.

I checked the net about the "Bachelor 2" couple and they've split. Sounds like Aaron cheated but I can't be sure. Now this sounds like reality. Maybe not the reality that I like but reality that is real.

I've started to watch "Passions" again, only because it's after "Felicity" and it's hilarious. Before it was just plain irritating because every scene lasted a few weeks at least and the show always had flashbacks which multiplied the repetition even more. Now they don't do that as much but they have the corniest lines. I'll give you an example:

A stupid 50 year old whines to his evil father (with no conscience) that he feels bad about killing his sister to which the evil old father replies, "Would you like cheese and crackers with that whine?"

I couldn't help but laugh. The joke is so stupid but it's impossible not to giggle. I also love how the resident witch refers to the evil as her "friends in the basement". What the hell?! The writers must have fun writing the script. They probably have a competition going on about who can write the worst jokes.

No comments: