Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Escapism

I watched the "Bachelor 2" finale yesterday. It was too sickening. I'm sorry but I can't help being bitter. I refuse to believe that the show represents reality and real people. Do you know any real people like that? Maybe it's just America. I really liked Brooke but I guess she's not as well suited to Aaron as Helene. I wonder if they got married after all. I'm going to look them up on the net. I wish the "Bachelorette" was Brooke because she's so much more likeable than Trista.

"Gilmore Girls" is on next week! Yay! Another highly unrealistic show that I love. Like April said, people like shows like that because it's escapism. I don't care what it is but I want to live in them.

I've started a small list of practical things to do in order to find RG. I failed to do the first one already. I hope I have another opportunity to try it. Are you wondering what it was? It's nothing too exciting but I'll tell you anyway. My first (and only) two things on my list are:

1. Call Nadine and ask her to come and invite some guys on Saturday night. (I was hoping she got a boyfriend by now so she could invite his friends but when I called her today she didn't mention anything relating to that and there was no good opportunity to ask her.)
2. Next time when I'll work with Nate, start a conversation with him.

I told you they were pretty boring but it's something that I think I can accomplish. If you have any other ideas to add to my list, please let me know. I'll be very grateful.

Nadine is moving house. I'm so excited for her. She lived in the previous one for all the time that I knew her and it was something that significantly associated with her but now she's moving. It's weird. She said that she felt strange packing up all the things that made most of her life. It's funny how that sounds as if she is an old lady that lived there all her life. I wonder what it's like to move when you are really old. My grandparents moved country when they were over 70. That's amazing! But that's my grandparents. They are very strong people, even if I do say so myself.

No comments: