Monday, April 14, 2003

My Future Entry In The Guiness Book Of Records

Yesterday my parents were happily talking about their coming up 20 year anniversary while I was there and Mum said to me, "When I was your age, I really worried about not ever finding someone and look at me now." Dad was all smiling and I thought to myself, "If only I would be so lucky". [Now I got that Kylie MInogue song in my head but that's beside the point.]

A few days before she started asking me about guys again. (She hasn't done that in a while.) She was really careful though and just started saying that Judy has got a boyfriend that cooks. It's weird to think of Judy with a boyfriend. The only time we've been friends was when we were the only twelve year olds that still liked to play with Barbie dolls. After that she changed her personality drastically on average once a year. First she really got into Japanese cartoons. Then she decided to become a mechanic because she couldn't be a race car driver. People who didn't know her used to think that she was a boy. She looked, walked and acted like one. It was really strange to see her like that after knowing a really girly girl who played with dolls and liked unicorns. The last time I saw her was at the beginning of this year because she is at the same uni as me now. She looked 'normal'. Kind of grown up (especially that I haven't seen her before then for about 3/4 years). It's hard to imagine her with a boyfriend now.

Everyone is getting one except me. Maybe I'll make the Guiness Book of Records for never having a boyfriend all my life. I really wonder if I'm the only one like that.

No comments: