Monday, April 28, 2003

Constant Complaining

You've been warned!

Last day of holidays. Time is flying by so very fast. I'm going to finish uni soon.

Before uni started, I wrote a list of all the things that I predict will happen before I finish uni and I sealed it in an envelope so I won't open it before then. I tried to forget what I wrote so it'd be more fun to read later but I can't forget one thing. I wrote that by the end of uni, I will have at least 2 boyfriends. It seemed like a reasonable prediction. I guess not.

Anyway, Saturday should've been really great because all of my four closest friends could go out, but for some reason I didn't have that much fun. Maybe I imagined this but Christine seemed really distant to me the whole time, and so did Amelia. They probably weren't. It's just sometimes I can be ultra sensitive to every little tiny thing. Saturday was probably that time. I also kept panicking that I could get a really bad stomachache (because of my gallstones) so I didn't drink anything and I really wanted to try some stuff. That really annoyed me. It's not that I really like drinking, quite the opposite, but when everyone has drinks that I've never tried before, I get curious and want some too.

Also, the club that we went to had really bad music at the beginning which got only a bit better with time. This was a problem because since I had to get home before midnight, I kept getting irritated that we were just sitting around and not dancing. Also some guy decided to stub his cigarettes in the ash tray that was on our table.

I was surprised that Christine didn't bring her boyfriend, which was strange since she always drags him along. Actually, now that I think about it, she hasn't brought him along since our chat about the issue.

On Sunday I had to go to work in the morning. The boss on that day was the daughter. This is what I'm going to call my managers to distinguish between them without using their names. The husband, the wife and the daughter. The daughter was her usual bitchy self. I really can't stand her. Every time I do the right thing, she uses that as an example of why I should always do that and she says it as if I never do it. If I just confused you, I'll give you an example:

We were running out of receipt paper so I told her that. So instead of saying thank you or that she'll get some more or she'll show me how to put new paper in, she starts giving me a lecture on how I should always tell her when we're running out of receipt paper. What the hell!!! That's just what I did, you stupid woman! Of course I didn't say that but she was really making me furious because she always gives me those lectures as if I did something wrong.

That's not the only way that she shows her difficult personality but I won't submit you to any more examples of her rotten behaviour.

Instead I will bitch about channel 10. Yesterday, while I was at work being told off I was thinking about getting home and relaxing in front of the TV, watching "My Big Fat Greek Life". I was really looking forward to the show for about a week. I know this probably sounds nerdy but I have a deep kind of interest for TV shows (as people that read my whole journal would know, don't you). So I switched on the TV at 7pm and what do I see? The stupid "Big Brother 3" introduction which was supposed to be after "My Big Fat Greek Life". I don't know why but I was quite furious. I tried to make myself calm down because it was only a show, no big deal, but it was so disappointing. How could they just change the time?!

So while I was cursing in my head for channel 10 making such a big deal out of "Big Brother", I watched all of it. And to make it even worse, I enjoyed it! I'm so ashamed of this. And of course, I will watch it today too because I, like lots of ther people, are influenced my the media and love light entertainment which involves extroverted attention-seeking people humiliating themselves on public television.

No comments: