Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Bad

Well, yesterday wasn't one of my favourite days.

Got a call at 10:30 from the hospital, asking me why I wasn't there for the pre-admission tests for my operation on Thursday. I told them that I didn't get any papers in the mail telling me to come. The lady told me that I had to be there before 12. I rushed all the way there and got there just before 12. When I told the receptionist, she told me to take a seat and relax.

I had to wait for 2 freaking hours!!! I was the last patient for the doctor and the nurse that I saw and they made sure I knew I that, which irritated me because although they wanted to go home, didn't mean that they had to rush everything just to quickly get rid of me.

When I got home, I got my reference from the bookstore. If I didn't hate them enough before, I really hate them now! For heaven's sake, they wok in a bookstore, don't they know how to write?!!! Every little good thing was made into a bad thing. For example, instead of saying that I was a casual bookseller, they wrote that I was a 'probationary bookseller'. That makes it sound like I'm a criminal on parole. Was it really that necessary to add 'probationary'?! The whole thing was like that. It sounded more like a school report, not a work reference. Did they forget how many books I sold even when the managers told the customers that they couldn't help them? No wonder their business is on the road to bankruptcy. Didn't they learn anything from the 25 years that they ran it? Obviously not.

Then I got mad at Dad because he never listens to what anyone says and then says really stupid and hurtful things.

The highlight of my day was watching "Room For Improvement" because there's was nothing else on. I never knew that lifestyle shows are so effective in taking your mind off everything.

No comments: