Thursday, July 31, 2003

Just Right

Yesterday, I had a class in which I hoped to meet some new people (ok, fine - guys) because it's small and there aren't a lot of people that I know. As my eyes quickly glanced around the room, I realised that I won't be friends with any of them. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but I wasn't judging books. I was judging people who, unlike books, have a say in their appearance. Since the subject was design based, most guys were very 'arty' looking i.e. they put effort into looking stylish. I don't really like it when guys try hard to look trendy (eg. gel their hair and wear jewellery). There's nothing wrong with taking care trying to be neat but all the extra things are... well, extra. I like the guys who look good without really trying. And it's not that rare.

I find the extra time spent on caring how their clothes look (style-wise, not neatness-wise) a bit feminine and I don't like feminine guys. I don't like guys who are too musculine either because then they're a bit intimidating. The best mix is when a guy is musculine but has boyish charm.

Oh my God, where am I going to find a guy like that?

No comments: