Thursday, July 31, 2003

On Fire

Yesterday was a night I definitely won't forget.

April and I went to Matchbox 20 concert. It was excellent beyond words! Words can't even begin to describe the experince. Thanks to April, we ended up sitting in the absolute best seats (literally). At first we were sitting in the last row in different sections (because we got our tickets late) but then some lady (who worked there) asked the people next to April if they wanted to sit at the front and April asked if she could go too. When the lady said yes, she asked if I could come too but the lady said no because she didn't have time for that but April managed to convince her to let me come. This was all happening while the guy next to me (who smelled of cigarettes) kept telling me how it must suck to not be sitting with my friend. After we left, he must've thought how much it sucked that I got to sit in the front. April got almost hystrerical when we realised that we got the best seats. April (who is usually very conservative) argued to get those seats. She's absolutely the best!

I've been obsessed with Matchbox 20 music for a while now so to hear them live was absolutely amazing! It felt so unreal to be there.

If their music made up a personality of a guy, that guy would be perfect. Rob Thomas is the sexiest celebrity, not to mention extremely talented. The guitarists were also totally awesome (I'm running out of positive adjectives to describe them). Every song has so many layers, musically and lyrically, that it's hard to get bored of the songs. Every time I listen to them, I find something new.

No comments: