Thursday, July 24, 2003

Other Uni. Bowling. BBQ. Possible Trip.

So the sleepover thing was off 'cause Christine's parents' business still has renovations going on. Oh well. We went out anyway. First I went to April's and Christine's uni with them which was fun. It's heaps different to my one. I've only been there a couple of times before. I wanted to see a short film that April made but it wasn't on the computer anymore. I guess I'll have to see the bad quality one on the CD. After that, April and I met up with Claudia and went bowling. That was more fun than I thought. The place was completely empty at first. I've perfected my great technique of getting strikes which is throwing the ball as far as possible down the middle of the lane and letting it roll the rest of the way. The less distance it has to roll, the less of the chance of it going to the side.

Then we went to April's house because it's right next to the place where we were supposed to meet the others later. Stayed there for a while and then went to eat at a BBQ place, which was quite interesting because it's a buffet of raw meat which you take and barbeque at your table. I guess it saves money on chefs.

Beth, Ellen and Georgia came as well. I don't get Beth anymore. Ever since she went overseas for a year, she's not the same person. We were all really close to her in high school but now that she found new friends, she doesn't find us as fun anymore. I don't know why she even came, she talked on her phone almost the whole time. Ellen is all right. She used to hang out with us in high school too. Some people find her fake but that's because they haven't met any really fake people. The weird (but good) thing was that Georgia didn't really bother me. What she usually does is whenever I'm talking, she'll interrupt and change the subject. But yesterday, every time she tried to do that, everyone ignored her, and Ellen didn't even look at her when she was talking. But that's not really surprising because Georgia was being really mean to her in front of all of us. I don't understand why Claudia had to invite her. Maybe she felt sorry for her. I didn't even know she'd be coming until Christine told me at uni. Thanks for the warning. Christine doesn't like her either.

Amelia, unfortunately, couldn't come because her grandmother is in hospital because she either had a stroke or pneumonia (Claudia couldn't remember when she talked to her). I'll try to call Amelia tonight to see how she is. I hope she's all right.

Next year, I might be going to the snow with Christine and Claudia (and April and Amelia if they can come). Christine said that she and her sister were planning on renting a house there and it's for 10 people so her sister was going to bring her friends and she was going to take us. I don't really like skiing but I want to go anyway. It'd be a lot of fun. And it's not too expensive so it won't go too much into my savings to go to America (which I'm not even sure I'll be going).

No comments: