Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Tragedies

I have been reading Katie's journal since the end of last year and I always thought of it as an ongoing novel (not a real person's life) but now something happened that is so typically fictional that I'm finding it very hard to believe that it's actually a very sad and tragic reality. (Her boyfriend died after she broke up with him although she loved him but just wanted some freedom to go out with other guys while she was still young.) I just can't get my head around that what happened to her is completely horrible. I feel really sad for her and can't even imagine what she's going through. What a horrible weight she must carry on her shoulders knowing that she didn't part with the person she loved on happy terms and then he died and she didn't tell him how much she loved him. Could there be anything worse than that? I hope not.

Speaking of tragedies, how terrible is it that those siamese twins both died right before the end of their surgery? I don't know why but I thought that everything would turn out good and that they'd both live.

I really should stop believing in happy endings in real life.