Monday, July 28, 2003

Mellow Monday: Part II

Came back from tutoring and got a call to do an hour of market research on Friday for which I'm supposed to get paid quite a lot.

I think my book addiction is getting out of hand. I'm, like, obsessed with reading. I already had books from the library but I just had to go today again and get new books. And the worst is that I start them all at the same time. I have to almost force myself to not read them all at once.

Speaking of books, Helen Fielding is amazing. I love Bridget Jones. I watched the movie but I haven't read the books, until now. I'm reading the second one. It's hilarious. And Bridget Jones is a great character. She's is so likeable, even when she does really stupid things. Which I guess makes her funny. Anyway, I'm not very good at writing book reviews. When I like something, I just really like it. I don't like to think about why I do. I just do. Analysing things sometimes ruins them. That is probably why when I studied books at school, I found them boring.

Maeve Binchy is also really good. She has a way of drawing you into the lives of characters so much that you feel like they are real.

I still have to finish Harry Potter.

So many books, so little time.

Anyway, I'm in a hopeful mood right now. I think something really interesting might happen this semester...

No comments: