Thursday, July 17, 2003

Downhill

My day started off so well...

I met up with my friends whom I haven't seen together for a while and we had a great time hanging out, being childish, as usual. It was supposed to be a surprise birthday outing for Claudia. It was really funny because she saw April before we jumped out from behind the column. A guard was standing next to us, looking at us really suspiciously while we were 'hiding'. I'm glad she liked all our presents and I'm sure the whole day made up for the lateness.

I found out something interesting. It turns out that Chistine knows the family (that were my managers at the bookstore)! And Peter (the son) is only 2 years older than me! What a jerk he was -- pretending that he was heaps older so he could boss me around! I thought he was around 27. Now I can see how it's even funnier when he thought I was in high school and realised that he was only a couple of years older. Christine said that he was in her sister's class and he used to walk her to school when she was little. Aww..... :)

When we were going back, guess who I saw?! Or should I say saw me? Amy. She was all hugging me and going, "How are you?!!" in a disgustingly fake tone. I couldn't help but replicate the same tone, "Good! How are you?!" Christine and April (who were there at the time) were looking at me really strangely 'cause they're not used to me talking like that. I asked Amy how the group get together was and she looked really pleased and said, "Well, we postponed it to another day." Did she think that it would really upset me that she didn't tell me?! I was actually happy that she was getting the hint that I dont want to see them ever again. I had a bit of an urge to tell her that the reason I couldn't come to the planned get together was because I was recovering from an operation. That would've made her feel really guilty but I'm above that. It doesn't make me feel any better if she's upset or not because I simply do not care.

Now, I'm really stressing about the exam that I have to make up for because for some stupid reason the department didn't get my special consideration forms and I can't do the exam without those.

No comments: