Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Heaven In Hell

Warning: Religious people may find this offensive.

In the morning, just before my exam, instead of going through the topics in my head, I started thinking about heaven and hell. Don't ask me why, it just came around somehow. Anyway, although I don't believe in either, I thought that if there was one, I'd much rather go to hell. Think about it, all the 'perfect' people who have blind faith in God and try to be saintly will go to heaven and the rest (i.e. the fun people) will be in hell (since religious people believe that people who don't believe in God will go to hell). Hence, heaven will be a boring place full of hypocrites, while hell would be just like earth, only without the boring hypocrites.

For the religious people who lost to temptation and read the last paragraph, and who now think I'm a horrible/stupid person for saying that, I just want to say that I'm sorry you feel that way because I find it extremely naive to have blind faith in something that most likely doesn't exist.

It's interesting that the idea of God came about as a scientific reason for the way nature works. Now, after people have proven scientific reasons for nature, some people still believe in God. And no, the Bible is not proof that He exists.

Yes, I'm sure all you religious people think that I will go to hell for writing all of this. Well, I just can't wait!

No comments: