Saturday, July 12, 2003

Laughing Out Loud

I watched "Camera Trap" tonight for the first time. (For those who don't live in Australia or actually have plans on a Saturday night, it's basically about playing jokes on the unsuspecting public and then showing it to people who have nothing better to do than watch other people getting weirded out.) It was actually quite hilarious. Not too bad for Saturday night television.

It made me start thinking about all the different forms of entertainment that made me laugh out loud. The first one that came to my head is "Friends" because it never fails to at least make me smile. Then "Getting Over It" by Anna Maxted made me laugh out loud (which is quite rare for a book to do). It's not exactly very deep and full of literary meanings and can easily be passed as a light summer read but I've enjoyed it a lot more than other books (that are considered to be more meaningful). There was also the short lived "The Jamie Kennedy Experiment" which was quite hilarious at the beginning but then got a bit monotonous. "The Camera Trap" is actually quite similar but more creative. Also, some of the forwards that I get in my mail are really funny. I might post some.

The reason I'm writing about all this is because it'd be great if you told me what makes you laugh out loud (on my message board in this topic).

No comments: