Monday, November 21, 2005

Impress Me

David impressed me today. I knew he was never the type of person to plan everything ahead of time and do research, like me. So when I asked him to find the best tour for us when we go on our little trip (even though I've already looked at which ones exist), I didn't expect him to find anything I haven't seen already. So I was very surprised that he found some that I never saw and ones that had a lot of value. This might sound really silly to most people but it's little things like that that make me fall in love with him.

I guess I underestimate him sometimes. Honestly, I didn't think he'd even look into it. Gosh, wish I could give him a hug now.

I decided to distance myself from my job. No more investing so much excitement into it. Not going to take anything there personally. I'm going to think of it as just something to do during the day. Work isn't the place to make friends (like school or uni). I hate how fake I have to be and how they're trying to make me act. But it's ok, I will think of it as a game. Nothing more. I'm starting to get worried about lasting through my trial period. I think I will break down if I don't. My goal is to work there for at least a year. It's my new challenge. I thought it was going to be easier. I must not let them make me feel small.

Keep forgetting to email the girls from my last temp job. I miss them. There are two girls my age at this company who are pretty cool so I just chat with them. One of them will be leaving next year which is kinda sad 'cause it's not as much fun with just one. The one who's staying offered me to move in to her shared house 'cause it's so close to work and they have a spare room. Although waking up an hour before I have to be at work is very tempting, I don't think I'd be comfortable living with strangers.

I'm only moving out with David. I remember April and I made a pact that we were going to move out when we are 25 if we're both still single so we don't feel so pathetic living with our parents, but I guess that's not going to be happening anymore.

It's only Monday but I'm looking forward to the weekend already.

No comments: