Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Something To Be

Has the fear taken over you
Tell me
Is that what you want
To make up your life

Hold on to me
Never leave
Forever be what you mean to me right now.

***

You may need me there
To carry all your weight
But you're no burden I assure
You tide me over
With a warmth I'll not forget
But I can only give you love

Fall on me
Tell me everything you want me to be
Forever with you forever in me
Ever the same.


***

I've been looking for something
Something I've never seen
We're all looking for something
Something to be


Hey man
Play another one of those heartbreak songs
Tell another story how things go wrong
And they never get back
My pain is a platinum stack.


***

It's morning
I wake up
The taste of summer sweetness on my mind
It's a clear day
I
n this city
Let's go dance under the street lights

We may never find our reason to shine
But here and now this is our time
And I may never find the meaning of life
But for this moment I am fine.

No comments: