Sunday, November 13, 2005

So Filling

Had the best weekend. I so don't want to go to work tomorrow and you know how much I love my job.

On Friday Claudia came to meet me for lunch. She finished uni and is now looking for a job so she has a lot of free time (when she's not working at her casual job). Had such a filling meal, something I haven't had in a while 'cause when I get home after work, I never feel like a full dinner. I'm hoping there'll be a job opportunity for her at my company. How cool would it be to have a high school friend working with me?!

On Saturday morning I went to my naturopath to get my results. Apparently I have so much of one mineral that it didn't even fit into the standard table. So she's pretty certain that's what's causing my urticaria. Have no idea how my body could store so much of it since the only way to get an excess of it is if you work with metals because it's impossible to get such a large amount just from food.

Anyway, she ended up giving me tons of different vitamins that are supposed to block this mineral. We'll see what happens.

David came over in the afternoon and we went to the beach, which was really lovely because lately we've just been hanging out at each other's houses. The weather was beautiful so it was wonderful to walk along the beach just before sunset. I love the beach atmosphere in the afternoon, when people are no longer swimming but just exercising or hanging around with their families or friends. It has such a holiday feel to it.

We decided to have dinner at a nearby cafe which was awesome since I don't think I've ever eaten out at a proper cafe (i.e. not fast food) on the beach. David ordered a chicken caesar salad and I decided on a steak sandwich (because my test results recommended that I eat more meat). When the waitress brought out our food, she was going to give me the salad and David the steak. It was funny when I told her the huge steak sandwich (that came with a pile of fries) was for me. And there was David having his healthy chicken with salad. Since I usually don't eat much, he was so surprised at how much food I was eating, he told my Mum (later when we got home). Mum said to me later, "Have you never eaten with him? His eyes were on fire when he was telling me what you ate".

It was one of the best meals I've had in a long time.

On Sunday I went to meet up with the girls from uni. We went shopping, had lunch and walked around the stalls at the festival. It was good to catch up. I really didn't think I'd stay in touch with people from uni but somehow we manage to meet up.

No comments: