Thursday, February 06, 2003

Fact: Best Friends Drift Apart

Well, it’s official. I will never be best friends with Nadine. I cannot relate to her at all. She called me tonight. We talked for a bit about general things. That was fine. Then, when we’re really into the conversation, she starts telling me things. Things that just confirm my feelings towards her.

1. She told me how when she was 17, she tried out for a modelling agency. What the hell! She said that she never told anyone about it. No surprises there. Although she’s tall and skinny, there’s no way she’d pass for a model. I didn’t say that of course. I couldn’t believe that she thought that she even had a chance. You can’t get any more naive.

2. She’s planning on going to USA with someone else. And I mean really planning. We agreed years ago that we’d go together and how much fun it would be. Of course she’d rather go with her new best friend who is just ‘scary’ how much like her she is. That actually is scary. One Nadine is too much. What would two Nadines be like? Don’t even want to imagine. She asked if I wanted to come with them. I think she offered only out of politeness. I’m not going overseas with her and some girl who I don’t even know and follow them around. They already decided exactly where they're going. I know Nadine can disappoint me, but I never thought she would to this extent.

3. She started saying how this new best friend is so much like her. I don’t know what she wanted me to say. I’m glad she found someone like her. It’s always great to find people who are really similar to you. Makes you think that you’re not the only weird one in the world.

4. She also said how she’s been getting mean e-mails from someone and she has no idea who. I hope she didn’t think it was me. I wouldn’t waste time writing her hateful e-mails.

I realised that I’m not her favourite person anymore. Probably because I won’t put up with some of her behaviour. We’ve drifted too far apart and we can never be as close as we once were. No matter how much I wanted to. Life doesn’t turn out the way you plan and that’s a fact.

No comments: