Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Intruder In The House

Yesterday I was watching Rove when out of the corner of my eye I saw something running along the wall. I dismissed it as a cockroach which I couldn't be bothered to get up and kill. Then it ran into the middle of the room and under the table. And I saw that it was no cockroach, it was a freaking mouse!!! I completely started to freak out. I had really crazy thoughts running through my head like "Can mice climb furniture?".

I woke my parents up to tell them because I was all freaked out and didn't switch the lights or the TV off and didn't want to go back in.

I can't believe I was so scared. I usually laugh at people who are scared of innocent little creatures. I think I was scared because it was so unexpected. I'm sure if I saw mice all the time, I would've been quite calm.

I remember when I was about 8 and went on a holiday with my grandma, she left me with a guy (a couple of years older) to keep me company one time. While I was with him, I had to go to the toilet. While I was inside the bathroom, I saw a little white mouse run along the wall. Did I scream? Maybe only internally. There was no way I was going to make the guy think I was some kind of wimp. When I came back to the room, I acted as if nothing happened. The reason I didn't freak out so much that time was because everyone knew there were little white mice in the bathroom and they were comletely harmless.

Yesterday, however, the mouse was brown and hairy. My Mum called some guy to come in tomorrow about the mice. He'll probably think I was hallucinating because the room that I saw the mouse in isn't even on the ground so I have no idea how it could've got there.

No comments: