Monday, February 03, 2003

Telepathy, Modern Grandparents and the Club Scene

It's funny that after I said how I don't like some of April's way of writing the script, she sent me a list of things that she didn't like about my way of writing it. I always like when I and someone else is thinking about the same thing at the same time. Nadine and I used to talk in stereo and we used to love that and always be surprised at the coincidence, no matter how often it happened. We thought we were telepathic. I guess it makes you feel as if you really connect with the person. In reality, it's not that unlikely to talk or think the same thing as someone that you're close to because it usually happenes when you're in the same circumstances and us being humans we react in similar ways. I still love it, every time it happens.

My grandpa came over today. He's cool. He's 75 and is learning how to use the internet. I love having modern grandparents. He was asking me to teach him how to use Photoshop to edit photos. I did it for him because it's too complicated to explain how to use all the tools. He was pretty impressed how much I improved the photos. I love being able to do something that not everyone else can. It's like my skills are some use to other people. I wanted to be a lawyer before so I could give free legal advice to my family and friends but I realise that now I can give computer advice. And besides, my family and friends don't need legal advice.

Yesterday I finally replied to Valerie's e-mail. She is a really friendly person with whom I used to go to school with. We didn't really become friends until the last year and now we keep in touch by e-mail. I should invite her to go out some time. April is friends with her as well so it could be fun.

I have to call Christine tonight to ask her to suggest a good club to go to this weekend. I haven't been to a club for months because my friends are not too outgoing and I don't know any good clubs (i.e. the ones that don't play only dance/techno/house music and don't have a drug problem). Maybe it's no surprise that I haven't been to a club for ages. I wouldn't mind going to a bar but I'm not really into spending lots of money on drinking. Maybe Christine knows some bar that has live music. That would be fun to go to. We went to a bar with live music once but the crowd was mainly over 30 year olds in suits. We didn't feel too comfortable, especially even though we were all 18, none of us (except maybe Christine) look like we're out of high school.

I suggested to April that we should just go to the city and spontaneously walk around and find places to go but she doesn't think that would work. She thinks we'll just end up walking in the streets and end up not doing anything. I told her that how are we supposed to know any good places if we don't go anywhere. She doesn't seem as interested in the whole club scene as much as I am.

Also, a sister of a family friend is coming from overseas tomorrow and I was asked to show her what Australians my age do for fun. Ha! My friends and I are so Americanised that we don't know the meaning of being Australian. I'm still expected to take the girl out, which is why I have to call Christine tonight and organise something.

What do you think of the whole club scene? If there are any Australians who read this, tell me if you know any good places to hang out. And if you couldn't care less, e-mail me anyway or post a message on my empty message board. Please? I'm not really into begging but come on, people, give some feedback (nothing too hateful though).

No comments: