Monday, February 10, 2003

I Got A Life This Weekend

My search for a life has been successful this weekend. It's nice to find things that you're looking for. I want to write exactly what happened but I'm afraid that my friends could recognise me from this so I'll tell you some bits and pieces. If you want to know more, e-mail me.

I just realised that if I write the interesting things, my friends would recognise me. There's not much of a chance of them reading this but they can accidentally stumble on it while searching for something else, the way I stumbled on Katie's journal "Digital Ink" which by the way is like reading a great novel. She wrote since she was 15 and now she's in her early 20s and although she thinks she doesn't have a life, her life changed more than most other people's lives.

Ok, I'll try to capture the weekend. On Saturday I met a few of Christine's friends, realising that I like them a lot more than my uni 'friends'. Hopefully, I'll see them again. I also went to Christine's boyfriend's house for a bit. I met his sister and his Mum, making me realise that since he comes from a pretty nice family, he can't be as bad as I always think he is. One of the reasons that I enjoyed Saturday so much is because I absolutely love meeting new people (especially ones that I like). Although I'm pretty quiet in public situations, I love getting to know people and once I do, I won't shut up.

On Sunday, I went out with Ashley and Sandra (my uni 'friends'). No one else could come. It was all right. Pretty much as expected. They are not the most exciting people to hang out with, especially that Ashley doesn't seem to really like me. Sandra can be nice though. She kept talking about how guys hit on her all the time and every time a guy looked in our direction, she thought he was staring at her. Talk about an ego. Although I can't really blame her. All the guys do drool all over her. I'm not sure why. I guess she is sort of pretty. She's tall and got a good figure (without being too skinny) and big eyes and thick auburn hair (that she wears in a bun most of the time). She's also pretty easy to talk to. I guess I'm not really surprised. It's just weird hanging out with someone who guys obsess over. None of my other friends get so much attention.

Some girls from my course organised an outing that I knew nothing about that Sandra and Ashley went to and told me what's happening with the others. I wasn't too offended since I don't even know the organisers and it's not like I'm really close with anyone from my course. Anyway, they told me that Mark was transferring. He's the guy that I had a crush on last year but I got over it. It's stilll a bit sad since it was nice to talk to him. Also, supposedly a guy and a girl (from my course) are going out now. I think most people from my course are moving on from the 'newness' of uni life. Another guy wants to transfer. Sandra was thinking of transferring. And Ashley too. Am I the only one that really likes my course? Also, since there aren't any more guys that I want to like me, there's no need to try to look nice (which doesn't mean wearing tight clothes) and that's a shame because I liked coming to uni looking pretty and the guys noticing. But now there won't be anyone that I want to notice my looks. There's this guy that I want to stop noticing me because he's too sleazy. I can't stand him. I wish he'd start ignoring me instead of staring at me without even a bit of subtlety. I wish he'd transfer. There aren't any nice guys left in my course anymore. Well, actually Mark was the only one, but still.

We watched 8 Mile. It was excellent! All the lyics were very clever (considering they were supposed to be made up on the spot). I really like Eminem, especially after his last few singles. Also, I find any guy who gets all caring and protective of the less powerful (in the case of the movie, his younger sister) really attractive.

Question: If you could sing any song to someone you were in love with, what would you sing?

No comments: