Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Friends, Foes and Others

I haven't written for five days in here! Amazing!

On Saturday night, I went over to April's and hanged around there with her and Christine. I don't know why but I have just as much fun hanging out with my friends at someone's house as I do going out to clubs (or any other place). Hanging out at someone's house is so much more relaxing. While I was there, I actually thought that if I had a boyfriend and had to choose between hanging out with him or hanging out with my friends, I'd rather be with my friends. That just shows that I don't really need a boyfriend. I just want one.

I wonder if I'll have a lifestyle similar to Bridget Jones where I'll be single for so long and get used to my friends so much that they'll be like my family and it would be very hard for a guy to feel more special than my friends.

Nah, that would never happen. A serious boyfriend would always be more special than friends because he'll be just like a close friend... but uhm... even closer.

On Sunday, I went to my grandparents house 'cause I couldn't use my computer (since an important part of it broke and could only be replaced on Monday) and did my uni work a few days before it was due! Finishing work earlier gave me such a sense of relief that I will try to finish all my assignments early from now on. If only my lack of motivation won't prevent me.

On Monday, I wrote a relatively long email to Max (who's not in Sydney at the moment) because I felt like it. I just blabbed on about the Matchbox 20 concert and uni. Pretty boring stuff for him so I don't know why I did it.

Yesterday, I went to an advanced screening of a movie that hasn't been released yet. I think I might've mentioned that April, Claudia and I got free tickets for it a week ago. Each ticket was for 2 people so we could bring another person. Amelia didn't come. Christine came and guess who Claudia invited?! Georgia! Claudia doesn't really know how much I can't stand Georgia so I can't be too mad at her. (Actually it's very hard to be mad at Claudia for anything.) The very strange thing happened, though. While I was waiting for Claudia, Georgia comes up and says in a really friendly voice, "Are you waiting for Claudia?" I was stunned that she said anything to me at all. I didn't know if I should answer her or pretend that she's not there (like she used to do to me) but then I thought that I'm better than her and replied. She then said, "Yeah, me too" and stood there with me, in complete silence. I don't want to keep any grudges but I don't want it to be so easy for her to just come up and pretend that she wasn't a complete bitch before. That's what infuriates me so much -- I don't know if I should show her that I hate her or if I should make it easy for her and be nice. If I show that I hate her, she'll know that she has power over me but if I pretend like it never happened, she'll know that she could get away with being so horrible. What would you do?

When we met up with Christine and April, I noticed that April was acting really strange. Sometimes (very rarely) April acts as if she's this really cool and superior person which makes it extremely difficult to talk to her. In all the years that I've known her, I only saw her act snobby like that maybe 5 times. Most of those times was when she was with other people. I don't know why she was acting like that yesterday.

After the movie when Christine was driving us back, I got an SMS from Max which was a bit of a surprise. He just asked how I was which probably meant that he hasn't read the email. It was weird how there I was in Christine's car with everyone being loud, and Max was a small part of it all. Two completely different worlds in one. Of course, no one noticed that I was really quiet suddenly which was fine with me because I didn't want to explain to them who Max was. The whole thing was just kind of weird.

No comments: