Saturday, August 23, 2003

7 Phases Of Obsession

I’m not sure whether I just like obsessing or if I really can’t help it. No matter how many times I tell myself that I shouldn’t be thinking of Max, I just don’t listen to myself. What happened to the times when I totally didn’t care? Were there even times like that? For as long as I’ve known Max, my attitude towards him, I’ve noticed (due to constant recent obsession) follows a cycle of:

1. distant liking
2. really liking
3. denial of really liking
4. admittance of really liking (due to non-caring whether I really like him)
5. obsessive liking
6. dislike
7. not caring

… and back to 1.

Sometimes the cycle varies a bit, but mainly sticks to those 7 phases.

I feel like Bridget Jones about Mark when she kept telling herself that she didn’t want him at all but every time the phone rang, she hoped it was him.

I know that the only thing that would stop my obsessing is another guy (i.e. not going to happen).

I never obsess about anything, except a guy. I think that’s a bad trait in my personality.

I wonder what Max would think if he knew. I know that if some guy would obsess over me, I’d react depending on who the guy was. If I didn’t like him, I’d be quite scared. But if, for example, Max was obsessing over me, I wouldn’t mind at all.