Sunday, August 10, 2003

Dancing. Predictions.

I should be writing a 'short' report for one of my subjects but... here I am, writing here.

On Friday I went to see the musical in which my brother plays almost the whole piano score. It was very good for a high school production. All the kids were very talented. (Andrew goes to a performing arts school.) The whole production seemed so much fun that it made me a bit annoyed that I couldn't be in it. My school was more of an academic one so we didn't really put on shows.

In my first primary school, I had a teacher who used to direct professional shows and since I was in her class, I always got to dance in them. I used to get the biggest thrill doing that so I was very disappointed when we moved and I had to go to a crap private school that didn't do anything.

I tried to get into dancing classes when we moved but somehow it didn't work out 'cause the class that I was enrolled in cancelled and the others were for people who already did dancing since they were 5. I never actually had dancing lessons before, only the rehearsals that we did for the shows.

Now, after seeing that musical, I want to join some dancing class for fun. Dancing is the only form of exercise that I really love. I looked up the ones that we have at uni but apart from the ones where you need a partner, the others sound too weird. I might go to a dancing class that I went to last year once. It was at another uni and you don't even have to enrol to those, just pay for the time that you come. It was the best fun. April might come too because surprisingly she said that she wants to do dancing too. Who would've thought.

I went to April's house yesterday after we watched "Identity" (which was better than I expected). We just talked about everything, the way I used to talk with Nadine. It's amazing how it really is possible to have a best friend who is not Nadine. I never thought I'd be really close to someone like I was with Nadine. We agreed that once a person gets a boyfriend, that puts a whole barrier in the friendship that no one can help. It's ok if both people don't have a boyfriend at the same time, as long as they both had one before. Actually I'm not sure about that either.

I wish April and I went to the same uni, we could've done more stuff together to meet guys. We could've constructed some insane plan and then laughed about it when it failed miserably.

We wrote predictions of where we (and our friends) would be and what we'd all be doing this time next year, in 5 years and in 10 years. That was fun. We predicted the saddest things for ourselves, but it was funny. So when we'll read it, we'll be happy about our lives. Please!!!

We were imagining what it would be like if the five of us had boyfriends and we'd all go out together... That would be the best fun.

We were trying to come up with plans for meeting guys. We didn't get very far, apart from asking Christine if she knows anyone she could introduce us to. I doubt she does.

Oh well, it was nice to hang out with her. It was just like talking to Andrew (who right now is having the best time because of the musical and all the new friends that he made). I remember that year 11 and 12 were the best years in high school because that's when you become really close friends with people.

Sometimes I just don't really realise how lucky I am to have people that I could really talk to.

No comments: