Saturday, August 23, 2003

Stranger

Guess who called?!!!

No, not Max.

Nadine!

I almost didn't even recognise her. Can you imagine?! Here's the beginning of the conversation (as accurately as I can remember).

me: hello?
[silence]
me: hello?
N [in the smallest voice]: hi
me[not recognising her]: hi
N: do you recognise me?
me: Nadine! I can't believe it's you!
N: Oh my God. You don't even recognise me anymore.

I talked with her as we usually did before. Not like someone you haven't spoken to for months. The first thing she asked me was how I was feeling. It turns out that she heard that I had an operation. My Mum told her Mum who told her. My Mum doesn't even talk to her Mum that much. When she had time to tell her beats me. Do you see now why I (and Andrew) don't tell my Mum anything? She blabs it to people that she doesn't even like.

She told me about her trip. To every tiny detail such as the food she had. She said that she didn't tell me that she was going because she didn't even know she was going until the very end and then she had exams. It's no excuse though because it doesn't take that much time to call and say that she was leaving for a month. Anyway, I'm over it. It's not like I told her about the operation.

You should've heard what she's been up to there. She fully told off some woman who couldn't keep her 4 children quiet on the train (from one city to another). Then she said that the woman looked like she was going to punch her but then the other passengers started clapping which shut up the woman. Then she told off some shopkeeper who was rude. The woman was so scared that she was polite from then on. Then she told off some more people. Although some of the people might've deserved it, some didn't. But that's Nadine for you. She can be as mean as she can be nice.

She also told me about some American girl who thought we ride kangaroos in Australia. Nadine told her that we also have cars to which the girl asked her how we travel if we don't have cars. Nadine said that then you can "hop on a bus" to which the girl said, "So they let kangaroos on buses?" That girl also asked some other stupid question like if we all dress like the Crocodile Hunter and how we deal with all the dangerous wildlife. How can some Americans be so sheltered? It's a cilvilsed country!

Anyway, it was nice to talk with her. It's her birthday next week so I guess I'll talk with her then.

No comments: