Saturday, August 16, 2003

Back

I just spent a couple of hours trying to get the comments thing to match my website. And the window closed down. I can't be bothered anymore.

I've been quite good today actually. I did quite a bit of uni work although I did get distracted by the comments thing. But if you think about it, it's actually quite useful for me to be trying to figure out the code for it for my future career in web design.

Max is back.

Nadine is back too. Her mother called mine to invite our family to her 21st birthday. Our parents don't get on at all and yet her mother invited us before Nadine even told me about it. What is going on?! I'm really confused. Why didn't Nadine tell me that she was going overseas? Why didn't she tell me that she was back? Why do I get invited to her birthday party by her MOTHER?!!!

The whole thing is just too sad. Andrew never liked Nadine so he made me feel better. Nadine used to envy me that I had Andrew (which is very understandable). She tried to act like he was her brother too which used to make me really annoyed at Andrew because when I was little it seemed that Andrew would always take her attention away from me. That was so stupid. There's no one more loyal than my brother. I'm glad I have other friends now because if this happened when I was younger, I would've been devastated. Now, I'm just confused. It's just a pity that things had to turn out that way. April is such a better friend that Nadine ever can be. And so is Amelia. And Christine and Claudia. Nadine can't be compared to any real friend right now.

My Mum is forcing herself not to say "I told you so" because although she doesn't mind Nadine, she can't stand her parents. She always thinks that every bad thing that Nadine does is brainwashed into her by her mother. Nadine is easily influenced. When I used to spend heaps of time with her, she was always trying to match my behaviour. Even her Mum said thank you to me when she got into uni (as if I had anything to do with that) because she thought that she only went because I always wanted to go. When she hung out with her private school friends, she'd do really stupid things and act completely differently. When she made uni friends, she told me how much easier it was to be herself. I used to feel privileged that out of all people, I was the one that she told stuff to and could be herself. Maybe now that she's popular, she doesn't need me. Although she's only popular with people that don't really know her. People that are close to her know how difficult she can be.

April could've come over today but I needed to do uni work. I love seeing her every week.

I want to go dancing.

Andrew went to a party. Speaking of him, one of his friends (who's a model) meets heaps of people from the net. That just goes to show that maybe you don't have to be desperate to meet people from the net. Andy said that the girl is having some guy from America coming over to stay at her house!!! Her parents called his school to make sure that he exists. I'd never tell my parents about what I do online but then I'd never have a stranger stay over. I still haven't even met Max (one person that I properly communicated with for over 2 years, going 3 now). And he sounds the most normal. If only he wasn't so quiet on the phone. I always imagined him to be more talkative. I know he said he was shy but so am I. Well, maybe not anymore. I surprised myself at how at ease I was on the phone.

April was telling me how annoying her ex-best friend was when all she talks about is about a guy who she met from the net and how they are just good friends. April said that she wants to tell her to just go out with him already if he's the only thing she ever talks about. April was saying how her friend can put him into any conversation. She even gave me a funny demonstration. It just made me think of Max and how when I was obsessed with him, I'd only talk about him to Andrew. I wonder what April would think of that if I told her. I was really close to telling her about Max but then thought against it. There's not much to say anyway.

Well, I can go about him for ages sometimes but not so much anymore. He's just a really kind guy with no tertiary education. That's my summary of him. Sure, there are a lot of things about him, some of which I don't even know. He has a complicated life.

No comments: