Wednesday, July 07, 2004

High Expectations. Revelations. Future Planning.

High Expectations. Revelations. Future Planning.

Yesterday was a nice day. My holidays just highlighted the fact that I didn't go out much during uni. It's fun to be able to go hang out with my friends almost every day.

Yesterday we (the usual 5) went to see Shrek 2. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. I really enjoyed it although by what people were saying, I was expecting to roll around laughing hysterically. I'm not saying it wasn't funny but I don't know if I was laughing more because everyone else was laughing or because I found it really funny. Andrew told me that he loved the ending so I was eagerly waiting to see what it would be. But I found it very predictable, not like the first movie. I think my expectations were too high and that's always a bad idea.

We had lunch at an Asian restaurant opposite the cinemas. The food was great. The conversation was a bit better. Claudia and Christine went to some dance party on the weekend and some guy that they met sent Claudia the corniest message. April and I offered our translations of what he meant (since we had lots of practice analysing the most insignificant things). I accidentally got Christine to say that the guy actually asked her to dance first and then she sent him to Claudia 'cause she didn't like him. Claudia was a bit surprised at this revelation. Well, it's Christine so April and I expect things like that from her.

Amelia brought up the 'bus guy' who I've actually stopped thinking about but it's sweet that she remembered. Since I don't really tell Christine my trivial guy stories, she got very interested. Didn't really get a chance to explain it. Although kept thinking how unfair it was that I never saw him again.

In the afternoon, Christine left and the rest of us went shopping. Well, Amelia and Claudia actually shopped while April and I sat outside the shops and talked. All we seem to talk about is how we'll be 30 and never have any relationships. Except when we talk about it, we seem to find it extremely funny. We already decided to share therapy costs by going together, since we'll probably need professional help by then.

Caught the train home with April. There was a guy sitting in front of us who looked like BG and got off at BG's stop. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't him.

Talked to April on MSN till late.

No comments: