Thursday, July 22, 2004

Swearing And Live Bands

Swearing And Live Bands

We went to see a band yesterday. They were pretty good. I wasn’t planning on going but then changed my mind. One thing that annoys me is when bands start saying f*** just for the sake of saying it. Actually, it’s anyone who does that annoys me. This reminds me of a scene from “Jessica”:
Jessica and her family are having dinner. She just got told off. Her sister, Meg, gives her a dirty look.
Jessica (under her breath so only Meg can hear): Fuck you.
Meg: Jessica swore at me!
Jessica’s Dad (to Jessica): What did you say?
Jessica (shouting at Meg): I said FUCK YOU!!
Jessica’s Dad (to Meg): That’s not swearing. Swearing is when you don’t mean it. And she meant it.

I love that scene. The point is – I hate swearing. Saying swear words when people don’t mean it, just takes out the strength of their meanings. So if you want to use them when you’re really angry or mad, they don’t have the same effect.

I got beer spilled on my bag, which I guess wasn’t as bad as beer spilling on April’s clothes. There was also a fight behind me causing someone else to almost spill more beer on me.

The guy next to me kept playing air drums. Not sure if it was because he was drunk. The guy in front of me, even though was standing a platform lower than me, was blocking my view and it didn’t help when he kept swaying from side to side so I couldn’t watch the band over from his side. I hate being short in these situations.

There was a cute guy who was so tall I could see him over everyone’s heads. He couldn’t see me. Sometimes I wish that I could stand out from the crowd. But what I wish more is to be able to go to concerts with a boyfriend. What else is new.

I love the atmosphere of listening to good live music, even though it does make me feel depressed about my single life.

Everyone went out tonight for dinner but I can’t afford to pay any more money for eating out. I don’t think I still fully realise how much money I will need for my trip to America.


No comments: